Jason Belice, Esq., Shareholder and Managing Partner.
Jason has been a corporate and real estate transactional attorney since 1998. He has significant legal experience in all aspects of representing privately and publicly held companies. Jason’s corporate practice includes domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, private placements of equity and debt, venture capital financings, film and entertainment financings, corporate governance, reorganizations, employment equity and compensation arrangements, entity formation and counseling senior company executives on complex legal and compliance issues.
Jason also has extensive real estate transactional experience, including, but not limited to, complex real estate acquisitions, joint ventures and dispositions and private placements of real estate securities and syndications, including limited liability company, limited partnership, tenant-in-common and Delaware Statutory Trust offerings and fund formations.
Prior to founding Belice, Inc., Jason was (i) a partner at Jackson Tidus, a mid-sized law firm in Irvine, California; (ii) a partner and the Chair of the Corporate and Securities Group at Raines Feldman, LLP, a mid-sized law firm in Beverly Hills, California; and (iii) a partner at Luce, Forward, Hamilton and Scripps LLP, which, at the time, was San Diego’s largest law firm. He also worked for six (6) years as a Senior Associate in the Corporate and Securities Practice Group at Baker & McKenzie, one of the largest law firms in the world with approximately 65 offices in 35 countries. For two years at Baker, he worked on Sony Music Entertainment and Bertelsmann AG’s joint venture in 50 jurisdictions worldwide creating SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT, where he managed and was responsible for the merger and integration aspects of the transaction in South America, Central America and Asia/Pacific.
He has also served as the executive Vice President and General Counsel for a diversified publicly traded private equity holding company with multiple worldwide public and private company holdings and was general counsel of an international bolding company whose interests include oil and gas, wireless networks and infrastructure, wealth management, aviation, professional sports and more. He also co-founded and served as the Chief Operating Officer of a premier luxury jet and helicopter charter service in Southern California. He also served previously as the Director of Business Affairs and General Counsel for Cove Healthcare, Inc.
- Prepared and closed over $5.5 billion in private placement Regulation D securities offerings.
- Represents and acts as outside general counsel for a national real estate sponsor that has acquired approximately $3+ Billion of real estate assets, with over 13+ Million square feet under management, across 650+ properties and diversified across 38 states
- Represented private and public companies in negotiating, structuring and closing domestic and international mergers and acquisitions with market values between $1 million to over $1billion.
- Managed the joint venture of two international media and entertainment companies in fifty jurisdictions worldwide. Managed the merger and integration aspects of same transaction in South America, Central America and Asia/Pacific.
- Represented investor group in sale of an eighteen theater movie-plex property for approximately $31 million to a publicly traded REIT.
- Represented real estate holding company in purchase of nineteen national restaurant chain properties in nine states for a purchase price of $38 million.
- Represented U.S. software company in acquisition of Mexican software company for $60 million.
- Represented biotech company in $20 million series C preferred financing.
- Represented international golf course development company in $90 million Regulation S placement of debentures.
- Represented optical networking systems company in $30 million Series B preferred stock private placement and Regulation S placement in Italy, Spain, Switzerland, the U.K., Saudi Arabia and The United Arab Emirates.
- Represented U.S. manufacturer in a Standard Chartered Bank $50 million term loan and revolving credit facility.
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D. (1997)
- Cornell University, B.S., Finance (1991)
“Do Benefits of Crowdfunding Outweigh Risks” – Daily Journal (July 2012)
- State Bar of California (#194341)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Advisory Board Member of The Salvation Army’s Los Angeles Metropolitan Corps.
- Executive Committee Member, The Salvation Army Los Angeles Metropolitan Corps.
- Executive Committee Member, Salvation Army South Central Los Angeles Youth Center Advisory Board
- Cornell Club of Los Angeles
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes