Corporate, Finance and Securities
Our Firm has experience representing high-net worth individuals and entities ranging from start-up ventures to large multi-national companies. We have significant legal experience, as well as entrepreneurial business experience, having been investors or principals in our own business ventures. This unique combination of legal and business experience allows our lawyers to function as “general counsel” to many clients.
Our corporate, finance and securities attorneys regularly provide effective and efficient legal services in the following types of transactions:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Financings (equity and debt)
- Corporate Strategy
- Financing Strategies
- Entity Formations
- Corporate Governance
- Joint Ventures
- Fund Formations
- Real Estate Syndications
- IP Protection
- Manufacturing and Distribution Agreements
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Executive Compensation and Employment
- Stock Option Plans
- Shareholder and Partnership Agreements
- Family Office Investments and Structuring
- Succession Planning for Family Businesses
- SEC Compliance and Reporting
We have handled deals of all sizes and degrees of complexity, we have represented institutional investors, REITS, regional and national owners and developers, joint ventures, lenders, receivers and special servicers in landmark real estate transactions throughout the United States. We assist in purchase, sales and lease transactions of all sizes and product types. We assist in the creation of limited liability companies and joint ventures for the purpose of acquiring, selling, leasing, managing, financing and developing all types of office, industrial, retail and multi-family real estate projects.
Our real estate attorneys regularly provide effective and efficient legal services in the following types of transactions:
- Acquisition and disposition
- Joint Venture Entities
- Distressed Assets
- Joint Ventures
- Corporate Real Estate
- Secured Financing
- Hotel, Resort and other Hospitality Properties
Tax and Estate Planning
We regularly counsel our clients in wealth preservation strategies, probate, trust and estate administration, guardianships and conservatorship matters. We prepare wills, trusts, powers of attorney, advance health care directives and wealth preservation documentation. We provide guidance concerning estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax reduction. We represent clients before the Internal Revenue Service and state tax authorities in connection with audits, appeals and other tax controversy matters.
Our tax attorneys guide our clients through the impact of complex and ever changing federal, state and local tax laws and regulations in business transactions. We help clients structure a wide variety of business and real estate transactions for tax efficiency, including mergers and acquisitions, like-kind exchanges, financing and leasing transactions, stock redemptions, and the formation, recapitalization and liquidation of business entities. We provide tax strategies regarding executive compensation, employee benefits and ERISA matters, and we assist individuals, trusts and estates with tax planning, and wealth preservation. When tax controversies arise, our tax attorneys represent clients before the IRS, Franchise Tax Board, Employment Development Department, State Board of Equalization and Property Assessment Appeal Boards in connection with audits, appeals, litigation, refund claims, tax lien discharges and subordinations, and collection cases.
Family Office Services
We currently represent several family offices and our Firm is uniquely positioned to provide ultimate service to our high net worth clientele. We are able to provide balanced and insightful advice to our high net worth and family office clients in connection with their business affairs and holdings across a vast set of legal disciplines. As “General Counsel” to our private clients, our attorneys act as the legal concierge by providing assistance with a wide array of issues, including the following:
- Establishment and management of family offices.
- Private equity, venture capital and/or angel investments.
- Structured investments in real estate by way of participation in, and/or formation of, limited partnerships, limited liability companies, funds and a variety of trusts.
- Business, real estate and commercial loans.
- The financing, acquisition, ownership, maintenance and/or operation of luxury residential and/or investment properties.
- Continued oversight of, and assistance with, portfolio companies and underlying investments.
- Ongoing review and negotiation of commercial contracts and agreements.
- Assistance with the negotiation and oversight of brand and endorsement deals.
- Communication with all members of the wealth advisory team, including tax, business, financial and legal professionals, in connection with the development, implementation and management of wealth accumulation and preservation strategies.
Media Finance & Entertainment
We have experience representing media and motion picture lenders, other financiers and investors, as well as production companies, sales agents and distributors.
Our media finance and entertainment attorneys regularly provide effective and efficient legal services in the following types of transactions:
- Corporate debt and equity financings
- Strategic partnerships and joint ventures
- Single picture equity investments
- Distribution agreements and strategies
- Mergers and acquisitions